Black-Owned Businesses to Support
June 19th marks Juneteenth, a holiday that commemorates the end of slavery in the United States. The day represents freedom and reminds us of the resilience, strength, and courage of Black people. In Texas, Juneteenth has an even deeper significance as it was the first state to officially recognize the holiday. It is a day to celebrate Black culture, unity, and success, and what better way to do this than by supporting Black-owned businesses in Texas.
Texas is home to a wide variety of businesses owned and operated by Black entrepreneurs who have worked hard to establish themselves in their respective industries. By supporting these businesses, we not only help the economy thrive but also contribute to the elevation of Black voices in the business. Some of these businesses include:
1. Ray's Real Pit BBQ Shack in Houston, which serves award-winning Texas-style barbecue. (https://www.facebook.com/RaysBBQShack)
2. Krab Kingz Seafood in Houston and San Antonio, which brings a unique twist to traditional seafood with spicy krab boil. (https://www.facebook.com/KrabKingzSanAntonio)
3. Natural Resources Salon in Houston, which specializes in natural hair care and offers a range of services for all hair types.
4. Emancipation Park Conservancy in Houston, which provides a rich history of the Juneteenth holiday and its significance in Texas. (https://www.facebook.com/EPConservancy)
5. Red’s Scoot Inn, a historic venue in Austin that has hosted live music for over 60 years. (https://scootinnaustin.com)
These are just a few examples of the many Black-owned businesses that exist in Texas. By supporting these businesses, we promote economic growth, support local entrepreneurs, and uplift Black voices. Join us in celebrating Juneteenth by showing your support for Black-owned businesses in Texas and beyond.
This Juneteenth, we encourage you to go out and show your support. Help promote these businesses on social media, tell your friends and family, and encourage others to do the same. Together, we can make a difference and create lasting change in our communities. Happy Juneteenth!